Call Us at (305) 444-7078

Family Visas/Green Card Info

Priority Worker Persons of extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, arts, business or athletics: outstanding professors and researchers & certain multinational executives & managers.
Members of a Profession with exceptional abilities Defined as a member of the professions holding an advanced degree or equivalent, or baccalaureate degree plus at least 5 years of progressive experience in the specialty, and persons of exceptional ability in the sciences, arts and business.
Professionals A person who holds a baccalaureate degree and who is a member of the professions.
Skilled and Un-Skilled Workers Skilled workers with at least two years training or experience and unskilled workers whose skills are in short supply in the U.S.
Special Immigrants Certain religious workers and ministers of religion , certain international organization employees and their immediate family member, qualified and recommended current and former employees of the U.S. government and returning residents.
Investors Persons who will create employment for at least ten unrelated persons by investing a minimum of $1,000,000 in a new commercial enterprise in the U.S.
Immigration Through A Family Member

A lawful permanent resident is a foreign national who has been granted the privilege of permanently living and working in the United States. If you want to become a lawful permanent resident based on the fact that you have a relative who is a citizen of the United States or a relative who is a lawful permanent resident, you must go through a multi-step process.

  • First, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) must approve an immigrant visa petition, I-130 Petition for Alien Relative for you. This petition is filed by your relative (sponsor) and must be accompanied by proof of your relationship to the requesting relative.

  • Second, the Department of State must determine if an immigrant visa number is immediately available to you, the foreign national, even if you are already in the United States. When an immigrant visa number becomes immediately available to you, it means that you can apply to have one of the immigrant visa numbers assigned to you.

  • Third, if you are already in the United States, you may apply to change your status to that of a lawful permanent resident after a visa number becomes available for you. This is one way you can apply to secure an immigrant visa number. If you are outside the United States when an immigrant visa number becomes available for you, you must then go to the U.S. Consulate servicing the area in which you reside to complete your processing. This is the other way in which you can apply to secure an immigrant visa number.

Family Based Immigration

Persons seeking to immigrate in one of the family based preference categories will qualify for immigrant status only if they have the necessary relationship to a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident as described below.

Note: Grandparents, aunts, uncles, in-laws and cousins cannot sponsor a relative for immigration.

Unmarried Son or Daughter over the age of 21 of a U.S. citizen

Spouse or Unmarried Son or Daughter of a Lawful Permanent Resident

Married Son or Daughter of a U.S. Citizen

Brother or Sister of a U.S. Citizen

*U.S. citizen must be 21 or over
Green Card

This section of the Website provides you with information and directions necessary to apply for lawful permanent residence (LPR), or "green cards". A "green card" gives you official immigration status (Lawful Permanent Residency) in the United states.

If you already know the specific path of immigration you wish to follow or are not certain which category applies to you, please call us for a free consultation.

Immigration through a family member
Immigration through employment
Immigration through investment


Naturalization is the process by which U.S. citizenship is conferred upon a foreign citizen or national after he or she fulfills the requirements established by Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). The general requirements for administrative naturalization include:

  • A period of continuous residence and physical presence in the United States

  • Residence in a particular USCIS District prior to filing

  • An ability to read, write, and speak English

  • A knowledge and understanding of U.S. history and government

  • Good moral character

  • Attachment to the principles of the U.S. Constitution

  • Favorable disposition toward the United States.